DIY or die.

Knitting, Metal, and my sitcom of a life.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Lick my Sticks

So blogger totally erased yesterdays post. Jerk. I'm thinking of moving over to blogspirit. The templates aren't as pretty but I'll get in there and mess with mine until it is. Of course I finally get all settled into Blogger, figure it all out and then start reading other peoples Blogspirit blogs and think: oooo, that's way cooler than mine. How many times did I just use the word blog?

Still no job for me or the husband. Got some bills today so I'm getting anxious. We gotta pay rent today and put a payment on the dog so that cuts our nest egg in half. Come oooon jobs.

Casey's Coat now has a completed body, and sleeves. Sloppy sleeves because I suck ass at PU stitches. See below whining. I have to PU more to decorate the backend of the body and sew up the seam. Both of which I despise doing. I know what you're thinking, so let me elaborate for the HUGE CROWD [haha] of people reading this thinking HEY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T KNIT. Well, I only don't like it because I've yet to master it. I used to hate weaving in ends until I figured out I was doing it wrong and thats why it looked like SHIT. [Not that weaving in ends is as fun as say, shots at a Slayer show, but I don't mind it now.]

You see, my only flesh and blood mentor is my mother-in-law [WHO I LOVE!!! Is she here? no, phew.] and going over to her house for knitting usually means withstanding usual mother-in-law banter about whichever child is her least favorite at the time, or generally feeling bad watching her run herself ragged trying to knit AND chase her 3 grandsons around without dropping a stitch. SO I am left most of the time to learn from books, and well...that didn't work out year 1, 2, OR 3 of basic math and it ain't gonna start now. So basically I learned the knit stitch from Ma Helme, and went my merry way from there. Fucking things up over and over until the light shone in my eyeballs and the enigma of [enter this weeks annoyance here] made sense.

So there's a distinct possibility that I will be moving my arse over to the blog I set up on Blogspirit. Which means YAY I get to go change my links in all the rings and BUSTs GWW. Oh well, it's not like I HAVE A JOB. hahah. Who's drinking with me tonight???? Woooo.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Atouria said…

    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you two! I hope you both find jobs soon.

    About PU stitches, I was anxious about that as well. A friend of mine taught me a technique that makes it easy as pie! Use a crochet hook to pull your yarn inbetween stitches, as you pull the loop through put it on your needle. It's great! I hope you can decipher me trying to write it out; it's so much easier to show someone in person. Let me know how it goes!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lick My Sticks said…

    Yeah thats how I do it, with a crochet hook, it just ends up sloppier than I'd like but I'm getting the hang of it.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Atouria is like omnipotent, I swear!
    Move to blogspirit! I keep hearing alot about blogger misbehaving and people having problems with it.
    I suck at math too! Whoo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home